.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

BlowingBytes

sexta-feira, dezembro 02, 2005

Oração do Code Warrior


/*
This is my comment. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My comment is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as
I must master my life.

My comment, without me, is useless. Without my comment, I am
useless. I must author my comment true. I must write clearer than
my code which is trying to obfuscate my efforts. I must comment
in before it gets me fired.

I WILL...

My comment and myself know that what counts in this job is not
the lines we write, the size of our file, nor the time to compile
it. We know that it is the completed change requests that count.

WE WILL COMPLETE...

My comment is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I
will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its
strength, its words, its letters, its punctuation and its opening
& closing tags. I will ever guard it against the ravages of
re-edits and cruft as I will ever guard my legs, my arms, my eyes
and my heart against damage. I will keep my comment clean and
ready. We will become part of each other.

WE WILL...

Before God, I swear this creed. My comment and myself are the
defenders of my department. We are the masters of our code.

WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY LIFE.

So be it, until the beta goes gold and there are no further patch
requests, but sales!

*/

P.s.: Alguém viu "Nascido para Matar" (Full Metal Jacket) do Kubrik?? :-)